EDWARDSVILLE - The AMC Edwardsville Showplace 12 Movie Theater was briefly evacuated Friday night when the Edwardsville Fire Department received a call about a possible smell of gas.

Get The Latest News!

Don't miss our top stories and need-to-know news everyday in your inbox.

Article continues after sponsor message

The call to the fire department came in promptly at 10:45 p.m. to the theater complex, Capt. Bob Morgan said and those in attendance were quickly evacuated by theater personnel.

“Half the people stuck around and then went back in as soon as we had checked everything out and made sure it was safe,” he said. “It was a little chilly for them, but several stuck around.”

Morgan praised theater staff for taking proper precautions. He said there was no gas issue discovered by fire department personnel.

More like this:

Yesterday - Fire Engulfs, Then Destroys Jerseyville Church

Feb 7, 2024 - East Fire Station Opens for Service as Edwardsville Fire Department Marks 150-Year Anniversary

Feb 9, 2024 - Local Circus Performer Talks Fire-Breathing, Sword-Swallowing and More

3 days ago - Alton Middle School to Premiere "Seussical Jr." in Renovated Auditorium

Feb 4, 2024 - Difference Maker: Edwardsville Firefighter/Paramedic Has Spent Many Years In Profession Helping Others