What are the historical chances of having a white Christmas?  State Climatologist Jim Angel says the chance of a White Christmas varies greatly by region.  Statistically there's a 40 - 60% chance in Northern Illinois, 20 - 40% in Central Illinois, and less than 20% chance of snow in the southern third of the state.

Click here for Angel's comments

In fact, Angel says the long term forecast is calling for above normal temperatures in Illinois for the next two weeks.


(Copyright WBGZ / www.AltonDailyNews.com )