A Brighton teen has died and his brother remains hospitalized after being injured in a Thanksgiving Day explosion and fire at a home in the 500 block of Marion Street. 19-year-old Corey Moore and 17-year-old Tanner Moore were apparently in the basement when the explosion and flash fire occurred. Corey Moore died over the weekend of severe burns.
Tanner Moore remains hospitalized. Fire investigators believe vapors may have ignited in the basement leading to the fire. Two other people in the house were able to escape without injury. The Illinois State Fire Marshal, Brighton Police and the Brighton-Betsy Ann Fire Department continue the investigation. A Go Fund Me page has been set up to support the family and you can find a link below: