If you are heading out of town and need to rent a car, you may want to ask your insurance agent if you are covered in a rental situation.  In some cases, your standard car insurance will also cover you if you have an accident while driving a rental car.  The Illinois Department of Insurance's Mark Terry says there are some questions you should ask of your agent.

Terry comments

Likewise, your credit card issuer may also carry coverage if you pay for the rental with your card.  If the company does offer coverage, you should ask if it is primary or secondary, does it cover collision or theft, and what is the maximum amount of reimbursement.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio/ www.AltonDailyNews.com )