If you have ever found out a relative or someone else close to you has disappeared, you may have had to deal with filing a missing person’s report.  In addition to a handful of high-profile cases over the years, there are many other instances that happen in and around the Riverbend each year.  So what do you do if someone close to you goes missing?

There is some paperwork to fill out when making an official missing person’s report, so Alton Police Department Public Information Officer Emily Hejna tells The Big Z you should try not to panic and then call your local police:

Click here for Hejna's comments

Hejna says in some cases, the person may have disappeared on purpose.  If they are an adult and able to make their own decisions, Hejna says that is their right.


(Copyright WBGZ Radio / www.AltonDailyNews.com )