If you are a veteran that lives in Madison County, you may be eligible for property tax relief.  The county treasurers office is teaming up with the Veteran’s Assistance Commission to assist honorably discharged veterans who struggle to pay their property taxes.

Veteran’s Assistance Commission Superintendent Brad Lavite tells The Big Z there are certain guidelines veterans must meet to qualify for this program.

Click here for Lavite's comments

Lavite says the reason this program is simple to apply for is because it is an county program and not federal.  To qualify, a veteran must provide proof of an honorable discharge from active duty with the military, along with proof of ownership of the property, and proof of income and the inability to pay.  For more information, call 618-296-4554.


(Copyright WBGZ Radio / www.AltonDailyNews.com )