A Macoupin County man died in a fire in a machine shed in Scottville on Thursday. According to the Macoupin County Coroner 79-year-old Charles Camerer was working on a vehicle with his son-in-law when the fire broke out. Both Camerer and the son-in-law tried to remove the vehicle from the building but the last time Camerer entered, he wasn't able to get back out. The fire was believed to have started after fuel fumes reached the water heater in the shed. The Macoupin County Sheriff's Department and both the Greenfield and Hettick Fire Departments responded to the scene. The cause of death appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio / www.AltonDailyNews.com )