Alton firefighters were called out to fight a fire in the heat for the second consecutive day on Monday after a light bulb caused a mattress to go up in flames. Authorities say that children were playing a game of "fort" inside of a bedroom on the third floor of their family's home located in the 1900 block of Brown Street when the fire started.

The fire was contained to the one room and other than some scorching on the interior walls of the bedroom, there was no structural damage done to the home. There were also no injuries reported in the fire.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio/