The Illinois Poison Center (IPC)  receives hundreds of calls a year about mushrooms popping up in yards and parks. Many different types of mushrooms found in Illinois are toxic and should not be eaten. While most wild mushrooms are minimally to moderately toxic, in rare cases they can be very poisonous and require hospitilization.


Dr. Carol Deslauriers, the Senior Director for the IPC, told the Big Z why you shouldn't eat wild mushrooms.


Click Here For Deslauriers' Comment


For more information visit this link:

( Copyright WBGZ Radio /