A home in rural Godfrey was damaged by fire Monday afternoon. Fire crews responded to the residence in the 15-thousand-100 block of Lagemann Road to find one side of a home on fire thanks to burning yard waste that had spread out of control. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze and limit damage to two bedrooms. No one was injured.

Authorities say the homeowner was outside with the yard waste fire and it got out of control and apparently spread to the home and up into the wooden siding and the second floor. In addition to the fire damage in the upstairs and downstairs bedrooms, there is also smoke and water damage. The Brighton-Betsy Ann Fire Department and Godfrey Fire Department responded to the blaze yesterday afternoon.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio/ www.AltonDailyNews.com)