A fire at an Alton home was quickly handled by the Alton Fire Department on Monday.  Firefighters arrived on the scene in the 2700 block of Moore Street to find the blaze that apparently began in the kitchen.  One person was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape without injury.

Fire officials say the man who escaped the home had been cooking and a fire started on the stove and spread into the kitchen.   Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to that part of the structure but there was smoke damage throughout the building. 


(Copyright WBGZ Radio/ www.AltonDailyNews.com)