You could be a member of the new Alton Community Relations Commission.  First introduced last month, progress is apparently come to the point that applications are being taken to fill the 8 spots available to the public.

Alton Mayor Brant Walker tells The Big Z anyone can apply.

Click here for Walker's comments

Among the members of the commission will be the Police Chief, Director of Economic Development and Housing and the City Attorney.  You can apply for a spot on the commission by contacting the Mayor’s Office at City Hall.  That number is 463-3500.


(Copyright WBGZ / )