Four children had to seek medical care during a pool party at a Pontoon Beach hotel.  The kids were attending a party at the Super 8 Motel when they were apparently overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.  Fire officials who were called to the scene said the fumes were coming from a maintenance room near the pool.

The Mitchell Fire Department responded to the hotel Saturday and discovered a blockage in a pipe caused the fumes to back up into the building.  The hotel has carbon monoxide detectors but they were not plugged in at the time of the emergency.  The children were taken to a local hospital for treatment and later released, while the hotel has fixed the problem.    


(Copyright WBGZ Radio/