Going back to the classroom is a great time to give your home-owners' insurance policy the once-over, especially if the trip back to school is at some far-away college.  You want to make sure your child's belongings are covered in case of an accident, but the Illinois Department of Insurance's Mark Terry says not all policies are created equal.

He says there are several questions you should ask of your insurance agent before sending your kid off to college.

Terry comments

He says if your child is moving into an off-campus apartment, they will likely need renters' insurance, as would anyone else.  When shopping for insurance, Terry suggests you purchase a policy that covers the replacement value of your items.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio/ www.AltonDailyNews.com )