You can trust in building a relationship with 1st MidAmerica Credit Union. Our commitment is to provide financial strength to our members and the community. We provide you convenience, service, and value with the financial products that we offer. If you are looking for a sensible place for your deposits or an affordable source for loans, you can benefit from our financial services. We are here to serve your borrowing needs, provide a safe place for your deposits to grow, and to help you with financial resources and advice.
1st MidAmerica Credit Union is open for membership to anyone who lives, works, or maintains an address in any of the following counties in Illinois: Madison, Macoupin, Montgomery, Bond, Fayette, Calhoun, Greene, Jersey, Pike, Morgan, Scott, Sangamon, Clinton, Monroe, or St. Clair.
Why Choose Us?
Ten of the Top Reasons People choose us:
1. We make loans. Providing affordable credit to our members is one of the key reasons we exist. And now is a great time for a low-rate loan, mortgage, or credit card. Bring us the loan you have elsewhere.
2. We are convenient. We have seven local branches. You can also access your accounts at more than 3,900 credit union locations across the country through the shared branching network.
3. We provide additional value. Not only do you benefit from great rates, but we also offer additional services like license stickers, gift cards, and a self-service coin-counting machine.
4. We have deposit rates at the top of the market. We offer our members competitive rates on certificates, money market accounts, and IRAs. We are ranked in the top 5% of credit unions, nationwide, in our return to members.*
5. We are safe and your money is secure. Your savings are federally insured up to $250,000, and up to an additional $250,000 is insured to a total of $500,000 through private Excess Share Insurance.
6. We treat you like you own it. Our members are our owners and we strive to provide them with personal service and great value.
7. We are a not-for-profit cooperative. We exist to serve our members with the best rates and lowest fees, not to make a profit for stockholders.
8. We support financial education. Now, it's more important than ever to teach our youth the importance of budgeting and wise credit choices. We work with our local high schools in this mission.
9. We give back to our communities. In fact, our total contributions to the community exceeded $80,000 in the past year and our staff has given more than 600 hours of community service.
10. We exceed expectations. We have very satisfied members. Surveys show that more than 97% rank our service above average.
*Compared to peer group, $250 million - $500 million in assets, by Callahan & Assoc.
Did you know Riverbender.com is free for you thanks to our awesome advertisers? We noticed you're using an ad block software. Please give our sponsors some exposure by disabling your ad blocking service for Riverbender.com.