The City of Granite City Illinois is accepting applications to establish a Firefighter Eligibility List. The qualifications listed below are not complete. For a complete listing of qualifications, please refer to the Rules & Regulations enclosed in each application packet.
1. Be at least 20 years of age or be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time the eligibility list is effective.
2. Possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
3. Pass a written examination, oral interview, background investigation, polygraph test, psychological exam, physical agility test, and thorough medical examination.
4. Must possess the capability of being accepted into and successfully completing a state firefighter basic training academy.
5. According to City Ordinance #8411, shall become an actual resident (domiciled) in the City of Granite City within 180 days from the first date of their gainful employment with the City of Granite City. The establishment and maintenance of primary residence within the City of Granite City shall be a condition of continued employment for said employment.
6. Possess a State Certified EMT classification and either an Illinois P.O.W.E.R. Test Card or a Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) card at time of offer of employment.
7. Have at least 20/80 binocular vision without glasses, correctable to 20/20 with glasses; or have 20/20 vision with contact lenses; and shall not be color blind.
8. Be able to obtain three letters of character reference.
9. Pick up applications Mon – Fri from 8 am – 4 pm at the Granite City Fire Dept. 2300 Madison Ave. Applicants or their representative will be asked to sign when picking up their applications. APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON DECEMBER 27, 2021. Call Bonnie at 618 877-6114 with any questions.
10. Complete and return the application by JANUARY 28, 2022 to the same location. NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4:00 PM ON THAT DATE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Did you know Riverbender.com is free for you thanks to our awesome advertisers? We noticed you're using an ad block software. Help us spread the word and give our sponsors some exposure by disabling your ad blocking service for Riverbender.com.