ST. LOUIS - At 10:50 p.m. on June 25, 2020, the St. Louis County Police Department received notification that a victim of a shooting, a 32-year-old male, had arrived at a local hospital suffering from at least one apparent gunshot wound. He was pronounced deceased shortly after his arrival.

Get The Latest News!

Don't miss our top stories and need-to-know news everyday in your inbox.

Lawrence Franks, Jr., better known by his stage name Huey, was one of two people shot in the 8100 block of Martin Luther King in Kinloch just before 11 p.m. He was later pronounced dead. The 32-year-old rapper was best known for his 2006 debut single “Pop, Lock & Drop It.

The St. Louis County Police Department received a second notification that another victim of a shooting, an adult male, had arrived at the Ferguson Police Department, located at 222 South Florissant Road. That victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.

Article continues after sponsor message

Further investigation would reveal the shootings were related and occurred in the 8100 block of Martin Luther King Boulevard in Kinloch, Missouri. St. Louis County Police officers from the Central County Precinct responded and secured the scene, which was located in/around the front yard of a single-family residence in that block.

The Bureau of Crimes Against Persons is leading the homicide investigation, which remains very active at this time.

Additional information will be disseminated as it becomes available.

Please contact the St. Louis County Police Department at 636-529-8210 to speak to investigators regarding the incident.

More like this:

Aug 30, 2023 - Man Dies In Lawn Mower Accident

Sep 15, 2023 - Charges Issued: St. Louis County Police Probe Murder, Robbery Case On Ashmont Drive

Aug 15, 2023 - One Victim Identified In Probable Double Homicide On Old Hanley Road In St. Louis County

Yesterday - Charges Issued for Escape from Department of Corrections, Unlawful Possession of Firearm and Stealing

Sep 23, 2023 - East Alton Man Charged With Two Counts Of First Degree Murder After Stabbing