- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Persian Lime Olive Oil divided into 1 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup quinoa if not pre-washed, follow package instructions for rinsing
- 1-2/3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt divided into 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1-1/4 cups fresh cut cooked corn from 2 cobs
- 2 scallions white and green parts, finely sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado cut into bite-sized chunks
Heat 1 tablespoon Persian Lime EVOO in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
Get The Latest News!
Don't miss our top stories and need-to-know news everyday in your inbox.
Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add quinoa to onions and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes.
Add vegetable broth and stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Cover pan tightly with lid, turn heat down to low and simmer for 17-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
Transfer cooked quinoa to mixing bowl and chill in refrigerator.
When quinoa is cool, add remaining tablespoons of Persian Lime EVOO, tomatoes, corn, scallions, jalapeno, cilantro, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and lime juice.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Article continues after sponsor message
Right before serving, scatter avocado chunks over top.
About Olive Oil Marketplace
If you’re a Foodie then you need to check out @OliveOilMarketplace Alton / Belleville.
Visit us at our Olive Oil Tasting Room & Retail Store in historic vibrant Downtown Alton IL, located on 3rd street. Taste them individually or explore the perfect pairings of oils & vinegars while tapping into the expertise of our friendly staff. They are always happy to share their favorite tips and recipes, as well as complimentary tastings of our Premium 100% cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars.
In addition to the Oils and Balsamics, our store is packed with a variety of handmade Flavored Pastas, Seasonings and Rubs, Sauces, Gourmet Flavored Coffee, Loose Teas, Kitchen & Grilling Gadgets, and unique gift ideas with new products arriving often to elevate your dining experience and find the perfect gift for those you hold close to your heart!
Cooking with this much flavor makes every bite better! You’ll leave our shop with loads of fun, healthy & creative ways to introduce new, fun, healthy dishes to your culinary exploration. Visit us today to "Experience the Quality and Taste the Difference!"
More like this: