Lane Restrictions For The Week Of August 16, 2021
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
Get The Latest News!
Don't miss our top stories and need-to-know news everyday in your inbox.
• No lane restrictions at this time.
• IL 161 Over Wilken Lake and the Shoal Creek Overflow, 0.6 Mile East of Germantown will be restricted to one lane beginning Thursday June 24, 2021 weather permitting. Traffic in each direction will be maintained using flaggers and/or temporary traffic signals. This work is necessary to complete cleaning and painting of the structures and is expected to be UPDATE: completed by Late August 2021. (PAG)
• No Closures at this time.
• US 67 just south of Delhi at the current 4-lane to 2-lane transition will begin a traffic staging change beginning on Monday, April 12, 2021, weather permitting. The new configuration will have northbound traffic merging with southbound traffic sooner than the current traffic pattern. This new traffic pattern will continue for several months and it allows the contractor to connect the new pavement to the current pavement with minimal impact to the motoring public. (JA)
• NEW: A complete weekend closure of the SB/WB lanes of I-55/70 between I-270 and IL 159, beginning on Friday, August 13, 2021 at 6:00 pm, weather permitting. This SB/WB section of roadway will be completely closed to traffic for the weekend. It will be reopened to traffic at 6:00 am, Monday, August 16. Detours are from I-55 SB or I-70 WB proceed to I-270 WB to I255 SB to I-55/70 SB/WB. The northbound/eastbound direction of I-55/70 will remain open. (JA)
• NEW: A right lane closure on I-270 WB on the bridge over the Mississippi River. Work will be done on Monday, August 16, 2021, weather permitting, between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM. All entrance and exit ramps will remain open during construction. These restrictions are needed to perform critical bridge deck repairs at this location. (Ops)
• I-270 eastbound between I 55 and I70 EB will be a 21-day complete closure beginning on Monday July 12, 2021, weather permitting. This section of roadway will be completely closed for traffic for the 21 days starting at 5AM. Detours are from I-270 EB to SB I-255 to EB I-55/70, EB 270 ramp to NB I-55 will remain open, and the EB I-270 ramp to SB I-55/70 will remain open. The is necessary to make pavement repairs and is expected to be completed by 8/6/2021. This is part of a larger project that will involve other locations and future closures which are expected to be completed by November 2021.
• Intermittent lane restrictions will begin on IL 111/IL 267/US 67 on Friday July 30, 2021, weather permitting. Lane restrictions will be on US 67 between airport road and Lars Hoffman Crossing and IL 111/IL 267 between US 67 and the Jersey County Line. Two-way traffic will be 2 maintained by the use of Flaggers. These restrictions are needed to place a new asphalt surface and the work is to be completed by the end of September 2021.
• IL 140/111 will encounter lane closures between Kendall Ave. (just west of IL 3) and Fosterburg Road beginning on Monday, March 15, 2021, weather permitting. The eastbound and westbound directions will be reduced to a single lane in each direction. This work is necessary to make bridge deck repairs and is expected to be completed by September 2021. (JA)
• IL 159 between IL 140 and the Macoupin County line will encounter intermittent lane restrictions beginning on Thursday, May 13, 2021, weather permitting. The lane restrictions are needed to construct a new asphalt surface. The entire project is expected to be completed by the end of September 2021. (JA)
• Lane restrictions will be encountered on SB Illinois Route 111 and on WB Chain of Rocks Road in Pontoon Beach, Illinois, beginning Monday, August 9, 2021, through September 25, 2021. This work is necessary to construct intersection and drainage improvements for a Speedway Truck Facility located in the NW quadrant of this intersection.
• US 50 will have intermittent lane restrictions from US 51 near Sandoval to 0.1 mile east of Selmaville Road near Salem beginning on Wednesday, July 28, 2021, weather permitting. Traffic in each direction will be maintained using flaggers. These restrictions are necessary to place a new bituminous surface treatment, new pavement markings, and ADA improvements. This work is expected to be completed by early September 2021.
• Kinlou Road 0.1 Mile west of the Clay County Line in Marion County will be closed to all traffic beginning Tuesday July 6, 20211, weather permitting. This work is necessary to replace the existing structure over a tributary to Skillet Fork Creek. Kinlou road is expected to be reopened in early August 2021. (PAG)
• IL 3 in Randolph County from 1st Street in Ruma to the Monroe County line will be intermittently restricted beginning Monday, October 5, 2020, weather permitting. These lane restrictions will be between 7 AM and 6 PM. Flaggers will be utilized to maintain traffic through the work zone. This work is required to make pavement repairs and resurface the roadway and is expected to be completed by mid-Summer 2021. (JGG)
ST. CLAIR COUNTY
• I-55 at the IL 143 interchange will encounter Intermittent lane restrictions beginning on Monday night, July 19, 2021, weather permitting. One lane will remain open in both directions at all times. The times of the restrictions are SB- 8PM-5AM (7 days a week) and NB from 7PM-7AM (7 days a week). These restrictions are needed to do bridge deck repairs and the work is expected to be completed by September 2021. (PAG)
• NEW: St Clair Ave. from the St Clair Ave On- Ramp of WB I-55/70 to South of Parkers Ave will be closed to traffic beginning Monday, August 9, 2021, weather permitting. The WB On-ramp to I-55/70 will remain open to all traffic A marked detour will be utilized to move traffic around 3 the closure. This work is necessary to complete repairs and bridge painting. The project is expected to be completed by the end of August 2021. (JGG)
• I-55/64 eastbound will encounter lane restrictions in one of the two outer lanes and the northbound Piggott Avenue ramp to eastbound I-55/64 beginning Monday, February 22, 2021, weather permitting. The two inside lanes of eastbound I-55/64 will remain open to traffic. This closure is necessary to repair expansion joints as well as replace the surface of the bridge that carries I-55/64 over Trendley Ave in East St. Louis and is expected to be completed by October 2021. (DYJ)
• I-55/64 eastbound will encounter lane closures of the three right lanes across the Poplar Street Bridge, as well as the ramp to southbound IL 3 and the ramp to southbound Tudor Ave. in East St. Louis beginning Thursday, April 1, 2021, weather permitting. The closures are necessary to replace the bridge decks on EB I-55/64. Lane closures will be in place in this area until early October. In Missouri, the Marion Street entrance ramp to NB I-55 as well as the right lane of NB I-55 approaching the Poplar Street Bridge will be closed. I-64 will also be reduced to one lane approaching the Poplar Street Bridge. (DYJ)
• IL 15 from 1st Street in Fayetteville to 0.1 mile west of Bluebird Lane in St. Clair county will be intermittently restricted to one lane beginning on Monday, August 2, 2021, weather permitting. This work will take place daily between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM. Traffic in each direction will be maintained using flaggers. This work is necessary to complete pavement repairs, ADA improvements, and asphalt resurfacing and is expected to be completed by the end of December 2021 (JGG)
• IL 157 between Petroff Drive and State Street in St. Clair County will encounter intermittent lane restrictions beginning on Monday, May 17, 2021, between the hours of 6 PM and 6 AM daily, weather permitting. These restrictions are needed to complete pavement repairs and work is expected to be completed by the end of September 2021. (JGG)
• St. Clair Avenue will begin on Tuesday, June 29, 2021, weather permitting. Lane restrictions will be in each direction with one lane remaining open in each direction. These restrictions are needed to complete bridge repairs and work is expected to be completed by the end of August 2021. (JGG)
• No reported closures at this time.
Complete press releases for IDOT are available at http://www.idot.illinois.gov/about-idot/stayconnected/news-releases/Construction/releases.
For IDOT District 8 updates on Twitter, follow us at https://twitter.com/IDOTDistrict8.
More like this: