Italian Chicken Bake Recipe
Get The Latest News!
Don't miss our top stories and need-to-know news everyday in your inbox.
For Cooking the Chicken:
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally and paper towel dried
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Get-R-Smoked Mike's SPG Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Get-R-Smoked Italian Seasoning Blend
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Marketplace Italian Herb EVOO
- 12 oz Plentiful Pantry Italian Blend Spaghetti
White Wine Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Get-R-Smoked Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Making the Sauce:
- Add butter, diced yellow onion, and minced garlic cloves to the pan. Cook on medium-high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes. Next, add chopped scallions and tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Now add heavy cream, wine, Italian Seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a simmering point and then add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Use a whisk or a wooden spoon and mix it in until you have a smooth mixture.
- Make sure to cut chicken breasts horizontally to make them thin. Paper towel-dry the chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Mike's SPG Seasoning, and Italian seasoning. Stir well to blend. Using a fork or tongs, coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture by pressing into the mixture with tongs and then flipping the chicken over to coat the other side. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, place flour-coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to your package instructions in salty water to Al Dente. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Return chicken to the skillet on top of the pasta and allow it to warm up for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken either on top or next to pasta and drizzle with some Italian Herb EVOO and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
For more great recipes, visit OliveOilMarketplace.com.
About Olive Oil Marketplace
If you’re a Foodie then you need to check out @OliveOilMarketplace Alton / Belleville.
Visit us at our Olive Oil Tasting Room & Retail Store in historic vibrant Downtown Alton IL, located on 3rd street. Taste them individually or explore the perfect pairings of oils & vinegars while tapping into the expertise of our friendly staff.
They are always happy to share their favorite tips and recipes, as well as complimentary tastings of our Premium 100% cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars.
In addition to the Oils and Balsamics, our store is packed with a variety of handmade Flavored Pastas, Seasonings and Rubs, Sauces, Gourmet Flavored Coffee, Loose Teas, Kitchen & Grilling Gadgets, and unique gift ideas with new products arriving often to elevate your dining experience and find the perfect gift for those you hold close to your heart!
Cooking with this much flavor makes every bite better! You’ll leave our shop with loads of fun, healthy & creative ways to introduce new, fun, healthy dishes to your culinary exploration. Visit us today to experience the quality and taste the difference!
More like this: