Wednesday, February 1 was National Signing Day for prep athletes to sign National Letters of Intent to play at colleges and universities across the country.
Illinois head football coach Lovie Smith announced the signing of 20 student-athletes to National Letters of Intent to play football for the Fighting Illini in 2017. The 20 new Illini join four other newcomers who are already on campus to bring the total to a 24-man 2017 recruiting class.
Illinois head football coach Lovie Smith on this year's recruiting class:
Illini football coach Lovie Smith says it's important to recruit in-state and in the St. Louis area:
The Illinois Fighting Illini have signed 10 student-athletes from the state of Illinois to play football:
1. Tony Adams -DB- St. Louis U-High, Belleville (IL)
2. James Knight -LB/DB- East St. Louis HS
3. Marc Mondesir -LB- Chicago St. Rita HS
4. Ricky Smalling -WR- Chicago Brother Rice HS
5. Kendrick Green -DL- Peoria HS
6. Lere Oladipo -DL- Chicago Huntley HS
7. Cameron Thomas -QB- Chicago Heights/Marion Catholic HS
8. Kendall Smith -WR- Bolingbrook HS
9. Alex Palczewski -OL- Mt. Prospect HS
10. Vederian Lowe -OL- Rockford Auburn HS
*The Fighting Illini have also added OL Larry Boyd from Trinity Catholic HS (St. Louis). Boyd is a 6-foot-5, 310 pound offensive lineman.
Illini recruiting hi-lites:
>>Six recruits with 4-star ratings.
>>Three recruits from St. Louis area.
>>Ten signee's from the state of Illinois equals the program's most since 2003.
Did you know Riverbender.com is free for you thanks to our awesome advertisers? We noticed you're using an ad block software. Help us spread the word and give our sponsors some exposure by disabling your ad blocking service for Riverbender.com.