6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
Cheddar Cheese, cut into slices
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, minced
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup tablespoons lemon juice
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp. red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking dish with non-stick cooking oil spray.
2. Slice each chicken breast through the middle – making like a book – cutting almost but not completely through. “Butter” each side of the sliced center with cream cheese, placing a slice of cheddar one in between.
3. Pour milk into a medium bowl. In separate bowl combine, bread crumbs, red pepper and garlic powder; mix together. Dip each breast into milk, then into breadcrumbs. Place carefully into baking dish. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.