2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup organic canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir until thoroughly combined. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, canola oil and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the almond flour mixture and stir until combined.
3. Fill each muffin cup with about a tablespoon of batter (I used my small cookie scoop). Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins test done with a toothpick.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Combine the sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. As soon as the muffins are cool enough to handle, dip each one into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
6. Store only lightly covered so the sugar stays granulated. (If they are stored in an air-tight container, the moisture will make the sugar dissolve.)