4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
? cup sugar
1 large egg
¼ teaspoon fresh orange zest
¼ cup + ? cup all-purpose flour
heaping ½ teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
¼ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
½ cup fresh cranberries
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 and line 4 muffin cups with liners.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the butter and sugar very well. Add the egg and orange zest, and stir until it’s incorporated.
3. Next, sprinkle the flour, baking powder and salt on top. Stir a few times, then add the buttermilk. Stir just until combined, do not over mix. Finally, stir in the cranberries and dark chocolate chips.
4. Divide batter between 4 cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.