2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup caramel topping
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup quick cooking oats
½ cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. This makes removal of the bars easier.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of your 9×13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, ½ sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust. In a small bowl combine apples, remaining 2 Tbs sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon evenly on top of the cheesecake layer.
4. Combine brown sugar,flour, cooking oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel topping over the apple layer.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until filling is set. Allow to cool and drizzle with caramel topping.