1 lb chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
3/4 cup corn starch
2 large eggs, whisked
1/2 cup canola oil
Sweet and sour sauce:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup + 1 TB rice vinegar (distilled vinegar will work too)
1 TB soy sauce
1. Place the chicken, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a large ziplock bag and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
2. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan with a fork. I did half the batch first. Fry both sides of the chicken for about 2 minutes a piece. Line a baking sheet with foil and place chicken on the pan. Dispose of the burnt oil and then heat up the rest of the oil and finish the chicken.
3. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
4. In a medium size bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce.
Next you'll pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes. Pull the chicken out and flip the chicken to evenly coat it with sauce. Then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve with steamed rice and veggies.