Category: Cookies & Candies
posted by: kfaulkn
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 cubes/sticks–6 oz.)
1/2 cup granulated, white sugar
1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 1/2 cup Heath toffee bits (8 oz. bag)
2 cups chocolate chips (semi sweet preferred)
1. Cream softened butter in a mixing bowl with the sugars.
2. In a separate small bowl, crack the eggs.
3. Add the vanilla and almond flavorings.
4. Add, one egg at a time, to the creamed butter/sugar mixture.
5. In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients, including the coconut.
6. Add to the creamed ingredients in thirds.
7. Mix until incorporated.
8. Add the Heath bits and chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated.
9. Using a medium cookie scoop, place 9–12 cookie balls on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner, or lightly sprayed with vegetable oil.
10. Bake in a 350 degree F. preheated oven for 8–11 minutes, depending on your oven. Cookies will just begin to lightly brown on top.
11. Move to cooling rack to cool for 10 ‚minutes. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days.