1 pound angel hair pasta
1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ cups chopped red onion
8 ounces mushrooms, quartered (use more if you’re a mushroom fan!)
1 teaspoon Basil Leaves
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
?1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
½ teaspoon Fennel Seed
½ cup grated Romano cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, break up sausage in large skillet. Cook on medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes. Remove sausage; drain fat. Rinse skillet and wipe clean.
3. Heat oil in same skillet on medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and seasonings; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add cooked sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
4. Place pasta in large serving bowl. Add sausage mixture and cheese; toss to coat well. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
5. (For a meatless version, add a tablespoon more of olive oil and substitute about 8 ounces more mushrooms and/or red onion for the Italian sausage.)