1 dozen rolls or 8 slices bread, cubed
2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
? cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
15 caramels, unwrapped
2 Tbsp milk
1. Layer the bread and apples alternately in a 9X9 greased pan.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3.Whip the eggs in a separate bowl and then and milk, vanilla and sugar, stirring until sugar is mostly dissolved.
4. Pour over the bread mixture, scraping out the bits of sugar that like to remain behind.
5. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
6. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes to crisp.
7. Melt the caramels and milk in a glass bowl in the microwave.
8. Serve over the baked pudding.