4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature|
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
2 green onions, diced
2 cups cubed, cooked ham
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
salt and pepper
2 cans (8 oz each) crescent rolls
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 cup Swiss cheese
chopped green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Add in the green onions, ham, garlic and Swiss cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Open the crescent rolls and divide each can into 8 triangles. Place a mound of the filling mixture on the wide end of the crescent roll and roll up.
4. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute or two. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and then the milk. Cook until the mixture has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread a small amount of the sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Place the rolls in the baking dish, making 2 rows of 8 filled rolls each. Pour the remaining sauce over the rolls. Sprinkle the 1 cup of Swiss cheese over the top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Let cool slightly, sprinkle on green onions and serve.