Category: Main Dishes
posted by: kfaulkn
- 50g (1.76 ounces) butter
- splash of olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 125g (4.41 ounces) bacon/pancetta, sliced into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 chicken pieces on the bone (I used 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks)
- 250g (8.82 ounces) portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 500ml (16.91 fluid ounces) Riesling (or dry white wine of your choice)
- 250ml (8.45 fluid ounces) cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter and oil together in a large pan.
2. Brown the chicken pieces all over and remove from the pan.
3. Add the onions and bacon and allow to fry until the onions are soft and translucent and the bacon has rendered it’s fat.
4. Add the garlic and allow to saute for another 30 seconds before removing the mixture from the pan (leaving the fat behind).
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper (I used white pepper) and place in the pan, skin down.
6. Allow to brown all over then add the mushrooms and allow to fry for 5 minutes.
7. Add the onion and bacon mixture back to the pan.
8. Pour in the wine and allow to come up to a boil. Turn down the heat and cover. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes, uncover, turn up the heat and add the cream. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Add the chopped parsley and season to taste.
11. Serve with rice, pasta or crusty bread.