- 2 (3-ounce) square ciabatta rolls
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons lower-sodium marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 basil leaves
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut rolls in half. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove bread from pan. Rub each slice with cut side of garlic. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375°.
4. Combine chicken, 1/3 cup marinara, rosemary, thyme, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Divide into 2 portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook for 3 minutes. Turn patties, and place pan in oven. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons cheese; bake 1 minute.
5. Layer bottom half of each roll with 2 basil leaves, 1 patty, 1 tablespoon marinara, 2 basil leaves, and roll top.