- · 24 wonton wrappers
- · 1 lb. mild pork sausage (or hot if you prefer spicier foods)
- · 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- · 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- · 1 cup ranch dressing
- · 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- · 1 cup black olives, sliced
- Cooking Oil for greasing Pan
1) Grease 24 miniature muffin cups lightly with oil
2) Press one wonton wrapper into each cup.
3) Brush the wonton edges with oil
4) Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
5) Remove wontons from muffin cups and arrange on a baking sheet and set aside
6) Brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring until crumbly, and then drain
7) Combine the cooked sausage, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, salad dressing, red pepper and olives in a bowl and mix well
8) Spoon one tablespoon into each wonton and place on a cookie sheet
9) Bake at 325 degrees for five minutes, or until bubbly, serve hot
- · Makes 24 Mexican Wontons
- · Serve with Sour Cream to garnish if desired
I brought these to a Cinco De Mayo class party in High School years ago and they were a hit! They have been my go to party food ever since!