Category: Main Dishes
posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups salsa(spice to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup Jalapenos
- Combine in a large bowl salsa, corn, jalapenos and pimientos
- Chop your Onion and Tomato as desired
- Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions(add salt)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain(almost completely). Add the salsa, corn, jalapenos and pimientos; cook until heated through.
- Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Note: The milk and butter listed on the macaroni and cheese package are not used in this recipe.
It only takes about 20-30 minutes to make this recipe, less if you have everthing prepared ahead of time which is wise. It'll make 4-6 resonable sized servings, last time I made this, as shown in the picture, I doubled all the ingredients and was able to serve 7 with everyone going back for seconds and still having a little left over for the next day. It also preserves well and tastes just as good second time around :D Hope you enjoy.