3 ripe (but not overripe) avocados
½ cup all-purpose flour
Salt and black pepper
1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the sheet. Set aside.
2. Slice avocados lengthwise – for three avocados, you’ll get 20-22 fries.
3. Set up three bowls in an “assembly line” (prepare your best Laverne and Shirley routine). In the first bowl, place the ½ cup of flour and add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
4. Crack the eggs into the middle bowl and beat lightly.
5. In the last bowl, combine the panko and melted butter and mix with your fingers to coat. Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
6. Dredge each avocado slice through the flour, and then the beaten egg. Coat thoroughly with the panko and place on the wire rack. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until panko is lightly browned. Cool for about ten minutes and serve with dipping sauce of choice.