- 20 ounces Salmon (5 ounces filets with the skin on)
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Beet (peeled and grated)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Horseradish (peeled and grated)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley (leaves torn)
- 3 Scallions (sliced on a bias)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lemon (juice of half)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high, heat with 1 tablespoons of oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Cook salmon skin side down for 3-4 minutes without disturbing, making sure skin is crispy. Flip Salmon, add about 1/4 cup of water to skillet, cover and continue to cook for 3 minutes for medium-rare or until salmon reaches desired doneness.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together remaining oil, mustard and the juice of half a lemon. Toss in remaining ingredients to coat lightly and season with salt and pepper.
Plate salmon skin side up with beet salad. Garnish with remaining lemon juice, or fresh lime zest.
I saw this recipe being made on 'The Chew' when they did a healthy eating episode and made it the next day. It is delicious, fresh and filling...and so good for you! The horsradish paired with the salmon is amazing...and even got a thumbs up from one not so fond of beets.