- 4 green bell peppers, cleaned, halved, seeded, membranes removed
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
- 6 large eggs
- To taste: Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, parsley, minced garlic, onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed ceam of tomato soup
- 1 cup (eyeballed) dry bread crumbs
1.In large bowl, whisk eggs and seasonings; add ground chuck, rice and bread crumbs; gently combine (you don't want to overwork the meat and make it tough) with 1/2 can undiluted soup.
2. Fill green pepper halves, heaping; place in 6 1/2-quart crockpot.
3. In bowl, combine remaining 1 1/2 cans of condensed soup; add 2/3 can of water; stir to combine; pour over peppers.
4. Cover and turn crockpot on HIGH. In 4 hours you have a great meal. Served (today) with a salad wih bread fingers, bean salad, spooning extra soup over tops.