- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken
- 1/3 C green onions
- salt and pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Big and Flaky Crescent Rolls
- 4 T melted butter
- 2 C crushed corn flake crumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 T sour cream
- 2 T butter
- 1 T milk
1. Toss 2 packages of softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, or into your stand mixer.
2. Open up two cans of chicken and drain the juices into the sink. Pour the chicken into your bowl.
3. Toss 1/3 cup sliced green onions into the bowl and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Take two forks and mix it all together if you are mixing in a regular bowl. If you are using a stand mixer, let it mix on low for a couple of minutes or until all ingredients are combined.
5. Pop open (and I mean pop) your packages of crescent roll dough. Gently pull one triangle of dough from the roll.
6. Spray a rolling pin with some cooking spray and roll the triangle out just a bit.
7. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of the triangle.
8. Roll it up from the bottom to the top. Press the corners in and make sure that all of the chicken filling is secure inside the dough. You don't want any chicken filling to show, lest it come leaking out while it bakes and botch up your plans for a dinner extraordinaire.
9. Toss about 2 cups of corn flakes into a small food processor. Chop them up until they resemble coarse crumbs, then pour them into a loaf pan.
10. Flatten the stuffed dough out a bit and gently dunk it into the 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Dip the buttered roll into the corn flake crumbs. Be sure that both sides are coated well.
11. Spray 2 large cooking sheets with cooking spray and lay the corn flake covered, chicken stuffed crescent rolls of wonder out onto the pan. Make sure there is about an inch of space surrounding each little roll.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked and a bit crispy and the chicken mixture is heated through.
13. In a medium sized sauce pan combine 1 can cream of chicken soup, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of milk. Whisk the ingredients together.
14. Get your pan onto the stove top and heat the sauce up over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
15. Pour the sauce over the baked crescent rolls.