1 2 pound corned beef brisket
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cabbage (cut into wedges)
2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
2 potatoes (peeled and cut in half)
1. Place the corned beef along with the spices into a large pan and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until fork tender, about 1 hour per pound.
3. Remove the beef from the water and pat dry, leaving the water in the pan.
4. Mix the honey and mustard and brush onto the top of the beef.
5. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the beef.
6. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20-30 minutes bringing it to broil for the last few minutes to caramelize the glaze.
7. Meanwhile, place the vegetables in the pan with water and simmer until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
8. Slice the the beef again the grain and serve with the vegetables.