- 16 large headless shrimp
- 8 slices bacon
- barbeque seasoning, to taste
- Clean and devein the shrimp, leaving the last section of the tail. Wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick. Be sure and use the large shrimp; the cooking time for the shrimp and the bacon is similar. If you do use mediums, you might want to precook the bacon a little--over cooked shrimp are tough and rubbery, and a real sin!
- Line a jellyroll pan (15x18x1 inch baking pan) with aluminum foil and place baking rack in pan. Place the shrimp on the rack, and sprinkle with barbecue seasoning to taste; turn and sprinkle second side. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes while the oven preheats. The bacon will turn from creamy white to a little opaque, and the seasoning will soak in.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bake wrapped shrimp in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. The bacon should be crisp, and the shrimp pink and tender. The rack keeps the shrimp from sitting in the draining bacon fat.