- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 cups prepared stuffing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place green beans in a 9x13 inch glass pan.
3. Saute onions with butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until translucent. Add flour and stir to coat flour.
4. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Add cheese, sour cream, sugar, and salt. Cook till thickened and cheese is melted. Pour mixture over green beans and top with a layer of stuffing.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.