An employee of the Bethalto School District has been treated and released from an area hospital after he was apparently shocked while doing electrical work Friday morning. The accident happened in an electrical room at Civic Memorial High School, which is seeing some work as part of a large master plan to upgrade district facilities.

Superintendent Cindy Blasa says there was a short in the grid, which knocked power out briefly. They transported the worker to the hospital as a precaution.

comment here

She says the students were never in danger. They were evacuated to nearby Bethalto Elementary during the power outage and initial investigation. They returned to class after the "all-clear" was given by the Bethalto Fire Department and Ameren.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio/ )