A popcorn manufacturer in Chester, Illinois has been ordered to dish out nearly seven-point-two-million dollars to a man in Colorado.  The "Chicago Tribune" reports Wayne Watson developed a condition called "popcorn lung" after eating microwave popcorn with labels manufactured by the Gilster-Mary Lee Corporation.  It's an irreversible condition which makes it difficult for air to flow out of the lungs.  

Watson claimed the company, and the grocery store where he purchased the popcorn, were negligent because they didn't provide a warning label on the popcorn packaging, letting customers know the butter flavoring on the popcorn could be dangerous.  The Gilster-Mary Lee Corporation is responsible for paying 80-percent of the settlement.

(Copyright WBGZ Radio/ www.AltonDailyNews.com )