An adult and three Cub Scouts were injured last night in an explosion in Montgomery County. The incident happened in the town of Raymond, near Lincolnwood High School as the four were conducting a science experiment. All four were taken to hospitals in Springfield for treatment.
Authorities say group was attempting to make a blue flame using the gas line antifreeze product Heet and borax at a church called The Living Center. All four suffered burns to their faces. Two victims were flown to St. John's Hospital in Springfield. Two others were taken by ambulance to Springfield's Memorial Medical Center. Their conditions are unknown.